-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
E-Mail Forum
 RETURN
Mayor Wants More Business Participation in General Plan Process
October 5, 2006

See the earlier E-Forum

Thank you, Mayor Anderson for clarifying that. The email from COI said only that you were “urging our businesses to participate in the General Plan process.” I agree with you that we need maximum participation from everyone.

The point I wanted to make is not so much what your participation was as much as the fact that the COI apparently considers such things as “a clean, green, and safe environment, enhanced creek protection and accessibility and enhanced accessibility to the shoreline” to be anti-business. That’s scary.

I have always seen the COI as being reasonable people with legitimate concerns that could be accommodated in any plan, but they seem to be drawing a line in the sand here.

From: Irma Anderson [mailto:Irma_Anderson@ci.richmond.ca.us]
Sent: Thursday, October 05, 2006 5:09 PM
To: Butt, Tom
Subject: RE: TOM BUTT E-FORUM: Mayor Wants More Business Participation in General Plan Process

Dear Tom and recipients of the E-Forum:

I want to make clear that I am and have been urging all facets of the Richmond community to participate in the General Plan process.  At no time have I ever expressed direct concern that the Council of Industries was under represented.  I have always recommended that EVERYone should be at the table to participate in this very important process.

At no time have I ever expressed concerns to anyone about “anti-business, anti-development, land preservation comments” as you suggest.

Sincerely,

Mayor Irma L. Anderson

RETURN