Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
E-Mail Forum
Thanks For Supporting Regional Parks and Trails!

Thanks to all of you for supporting successful passage of East Bay Regional Park District (EBRPD) Measure WW!   75% of the revenues will fund Regional Park acquisition and capital projects.  The remaining 25% of proceeds will go to local park and recreation projects based on population.  For example, the City of Richmond will directly receive $4.7 million, and El Cerrito will get $1.1 million over the 20-year life of Measure WW.

Measure WW will bring over $22 million to Richmond for both regional and local park projects.  This includes funds to complete three miles of Bay Trail connecting former Point Molate Naval Fuel Depot to the Interstate 580 corridor and also north around Point San Pablo to the Point San Pablo Yacht Harbor, as well as the Bay Trail between Wildcat Creek and Point Pinole.  It also will help carry out the San Pablo Peninsula Open Space Study calling for park lands at Point San Pablo, the scenic headland dividing San Francisco and San Pablo bays.

To see the line item projects specified for Richmond, see the table at
http://www.pointrichmond.com/baytrail/pdfs/MeasureWWRichmondFunds.pdf .
For more information, including a map showing the location of specified projects throughout Contra Costa and Alameda Counties, see http://www.yesforebparks.com/project-map-yes-for-east-bay-regional-parks.shtml .

The challenge ahead is to ensure that shoreline projects in Richmond are carried out during the next few years, rather than 20 years down the road when money is worth less.  Election of TRAC Steering Committee member and Richmond resident Whitney Dotson to EBRPD Board of Directors should help ensure that Richmond gets its fair share.

For more information, contact Trails for Richmond Action Committee (TRAC)
phone/fax 510-235-2835