|Fireworks Tomorrow Night - Rosie Summer
2008 Newsletter Posted
July 2, 2008
Click here for the latest issue (Summer 2008) of the National Park Service Partnership Newsletter from Rosie the Riveter/WWII Home Front National Historical Park. Lots of events and activities are planned this summer, including tomorrow the JULY 3RD - Independence Day Celebrations in Richmond. Get the best seat to watch the fireworks and eat at a BBQ sponsored by SS Red Oak Victory, Shipyard No. 3. I’ll see you there! Chow down on good food and then enjoy the million-dollar view of Richmond's fireworks display on July 3rd. $25/Person (Advance Registration Required). Includes dinner and one drink per person (add'l drinks for sale). Make out checks to: Richmond Museum Assn; Mail to: 3820-A San Pablo Dam Rd, El Sobrante, CA 94803. For information, call: 510-222-9200. Information about other Red Oak Victory event & fees: 510-222-9200, www.ssredoakvictory.com/calendar.htm.
City of Richmond celebration, Marina Bay Park. Free. July 3, 5 pm - 10 pm. Info: 510-620-6793.
Read about other events, including:
· New park ranger programs at the Rosie the Riveter Memorial and Shipyard No. 3 in July, August and September (see “Upcoming Events”)!
· Victory gardens and healthy communities
· The National Park Service’s growing museum collection
· Japanese-American historical sites showcased on NPS bus tour
· The NPS and city of Richmond Historic Preservation awards
· Home Front stories about Latino heritage at Richmond's recent Cinco de Mayo festival
· The Emmanuel F. Joseph collection documenting African-American life in the Bay Area
Visit www.nps.rori to learn more about NPS programs and upcoming events in our latest newsletter…
Outreach Coordinator, National Park Service
Rosie the Riveter/ World War II Home Front NHP
1401 Marina Way South
Richmond CA 94804
Visitor Center hrs: M-F 8:30 am - 5 pm
Save the date!
Home Front Festival by-the-Bay
Oct. 4 - 5, 2008