-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
E-Mail Forum
RETURN
Interactive Resources Chosen for Novato City Hall Project
Although I get little respect around Richmond City Hall for my ideas on the Richmond Civic Center project, it’s always better to be the out of town expert. My architecture firm, Interactive Resources, was chosen by the Novato City Council as the architect for Novato’s City Hall project and authorized to proceed with schematic design.

Incidentally, the Novato City Council Chamber is anticipated to have a larger seating capacity than the one being designed for Richmond.

An article from today’s Independent Journal, notes:

Novato picks architect for City Hall project

Staff Report

Article Launched: 02/13/2007 11:16:48 PM PST

A Point Richmond firm will do initial architectural work for Novato's City Hall restoration.

The City Council on Tuesday approved a contract of up to $75,000 with Interactive Resources, which was also selected to perform a historical evaluation of the 111-year-old structure at 901 Sherman Ave.

Interactive Resources was selected because it stood out as having relevant experience with historic civic buildings and a distinct plan to meet the city's project schedule, Assistant City Manager Mary Neilan said.

Neilan said the contract is for the first phase of work, including development of a schematic design and a preliminary cost estimate. The contract will then be amended to see the project to completion.

The plan includes restoring the building to be a multiuse venue for city and public meetings and events. There would be an outdoor gathering area and a support structure with a lobby, storage, bathrooms and possibly a kitchen.

- Carla Bova

RETURN