-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
E-Mail Forum
RETURN
Code Enforcement - Where to Find it

I get a lot of email and some phone calls about various public nuisances, such as graffiti, abandoned cars or a homeowner doing construction without a permit. While I am happy to pass these on to the appropriate City agency, I urge people to cut out the middle man and go direct.

The best way to report a nuisance is to use COR Connect, a City website that makes a permanent record of your complaint where you can not only check back for resolution, but you are also asked to provide feedback on your satisfaction with the service.

Sgt. Darren Monahan also provided the following detailed information about code enforcement:

Code Enforcement deals with 9.20.080. Code Enforcement and Building Regulations are responsible for most RMC code violations that occur on private property and considered a public nuisance. Code  Enforcement is the enforcement part. Currently Code Enforcement has four enforcement officers and approximately 1800 cases since Jan. 2006.

All of the complaints that come in get prioritized by the seriousness of the violation.

COR Connect works the best but if needed the Code Enforcement Phone numbers are:

• Secretary - 620-6642
  • Abandoned auto hot line - 620-6644
  • Vehicle abatement (private Property) - 621-1278
  • CEO T. Tingle (South East)- 621-1280
  • CEO A. Ragland (Iron Triangle)- 621-1281
  • CEO A. Munguia (Central) (north/east) - 621-1282
  • CEO L. Burciaga (South West)- 621-1277
  • Police Sergeant – 510/621-1279
RETURN