Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
  E-Mail Forum
  GIS Linked Internet City Service Request
November 26, 2005

You can now place a “service notification” with the City of Richmond via the Internet. This may be for a pothole, a pile of trash in the street, a stopped up sewer line, a non-functioning street light or a neighbor building a room addition without a permit. This type of request creates a permanent record of when it was made and to which department it was forwarded.


You can start by going to the City of Richmond web site at www.ci.richmond.ca.us and clicking on place a direct order for service here or directly to the web page http://sapweb.ci.richmond.ca.us/notification/index.asp.


Go to the “REPORT” tab and enter the location by street address, cross street or assessor parcel number, and click on “GO.”


Under the “REPORT” tab, click “CREATE NOTIFICATION.”  Ignore the “SAP Login” box, which is for City employees only. Select the “Problem,” and fill in “Short Description” and “Additional Information.” Then click “Submit.”


Later you can go to the “NOTIFICATION” tab find out of the service request response has been completed or what the estimated date for completion is.


I would be interested in feedback from people who have used this as to whether or not it is working for you and whether the problems you reported were addressed.