Tom Butt

E-Mail Forum – 2019  
  < RETURN  
  "Lost Secrets of Point Molate and the Point San Pablo Peninsula" Tonight 6:30 to 7:30 Mechanics Bank Community Room, Hilltop Center, 3190 Klose Way, Richmond
May 9, 2019

"Lost Secrets of Point Molate and the Point San Pablo Peninsula" Tonight 6:30 to 7:30 Mechanics Bank Community Room, Hilltop Center, 3190 Klose Way, Richmond

Nothing has roiled Richmond over the past 25 years like Point Molate. Elections have been won and lost over Point Molate’s future. More lawsuits have been filed over Point Molate than any public policy issue in Richmond history.

At tonight’s Richmond Public Library Foundation Sandi Genser-Maack 2019 Lecture Series, I will take the audience through a thousand years of history of what is now known as Point Molate and the Point San Pablo Peninsula, including Kit Carson and murder of the de Haro twins,  the world’s largest winery, the last U.S whaling station, the largest marijuana smuggling operation on US history run by the “King of Pot,” and much more.

I am the only City Council member who has served continuously during the years of Point Molate acquisition and development by the City of Richmond. I’ll update you on the politics, the lawsuits and the posturing about the future of Point Molate. And I’ll answer any questions you may have.

Hope to see you there!

< RETURN