Tom Butt

E-Mail Forum – 2018  
  < RETURN  
  Goodbye!
August 31, 2018

Mayor Butt and Members of the City Council:

Thank you for providing me with the opportunity to serve as the city manager for Richmond.  In addition to the task of clearing out my office, I took the opportunity today to thank the city staff and community members for their support during the past thirteen years.

To provide continuity for city management until your September 11th City Council meeting, I have appointed Richard Mitchell as the acting city manager.  As the senior department manager at City Hall, Richard has previously served in this capacity during my vacations and at other times when I am not in the office and is quite familiar with that role.  He will be in a position to manage the agenda process, execute contracts and other documents, follow up on service requests, etc.  He will also receive assistance from staff in the City Manager's office and throughout the various departments.

Your September 11th City Council meeting should include a closed session item for the appointment of an interim city manager until Carlos Martinez starts work in Richmond.  I understand that Mr. Martinez will be able to begin his work in Richmond no later than October 15th, so that the interim manager will be needed for no more than approximately five weeks.

I will always be available to consult (on a volunteer basis) with councilmembers and staff members during this transition.  I will also make myself available to my successor as much as he wants to make the transition as smooth as possible.  My personal  email is bill.lindsay33@gmail.com; my phone number is unchanged at 510-292-7408.  Feel free to use these at any time to contact me.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or require any additional information.

Bill Lindsay
City Manager
City of Richmond, California
510-620-6512
Bill_lindsay@ci.richmond.ca.us

< RETURN