Tom Butt

E-Mail Forum – 2018  
  < RETURN  
  Richmond Honored as Best City for Celebrating Women's History
March 27, 2018

Fresh on the heels of being named a utopia by the Transformative Cities Initiative, Richmond was named the Number 2 city for celebrating women’s history by Livability.

Rosie
Photo Courtesy of National Park Service

2. Richmond, CA: Rosie the Riveter National Historical Park

Established in 2000, the Rosie the Riveter/WWII Home Front National Historical Park is a National Park Service site that has many remaining connections to what these civilians did for the war effort. See a Ford assembly plant, which put finishing touches on tanks and military combat vehicles, and the SS Red Oak Victory, the last surviving ship built in the Kaiser Shipyards. Find two childcare facilities and a hospital for shipyard employees. At the Visitor Education Center, see exhibits and films and meet real-life “Rosies” usually there on Fridays.

Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2018 9:18 AM
Subject: Richmond Honored as Best City for Celebrating Women's History

Good Morning,

I am the content coordinator for Livability.com, and I wanted to get in touch and let you know that Richmond received a unique shoutout in our recent article, "5 Cities that Celebrate Women's History." The story featured Rosie the Riveter National Historic Park and the efforts the city has made in conjunction with the display. 

We already knew how wonderful Richmond is, but thought that you might also enjoy this accolade. And, if you feel so inclined, we'd love some help getting the word out on social — please feel free to share the link with anyone who might be interested, and let me know if you have any questions! 

https://livability.com/topics/things-to-do/5-cities-that-celebrate-womens-history

Thanks so much,
Cara

--

Cara Sanders / 
Content Coordinator
Office: 615-771-0080  / Direct: 615-771-5547
csanders@livability.com

A Division of Journal Communications, Inc.  
725 Cool Springs Blvd. / Suite 400 / 
Franklin, TN 37067

< RETURN