Tom Butt

E-Mail Forum – 2018  
  < RETURN  
  Menbe’s 8th annual Thanksgiving Dinner
October 31, 2018

THE MENBE'S WAY FUND

501(c)(3) Charity FED ID#94-3337754

THE 8TH ANNUAL THANKSGIVING DINNER FOR THE UNDERSERVED
     When: Thursday, November 22, 2018    |    Where: GRIP - 165 22nd St, Richmond CA 94801

Friends, I want to start by thanking you all for the wonderful messages of encouragement and support that you have sent me the last few months. I feel truly blessed to be part of such an amazing community. Many of you have been asking about my annual Thanksgiving event, I am happy to announce that I will be hosting the 8th annual dinner this year - I am expecting almost 800 attendants. Because I no longer have the restaurant the format will be a little different, but my mission is still the same, to serve everyone a delicious Thanksgiving dinner with dignity and love.  

This year I will host my Thanksgiving dinner at the Greater Richmond Interfaith Program (GRIP) Kitchen located at 165 22nd Street, Richmond CA 94801. Among many other services, GRIP provides hot meals every day from 11:30 to 12:45, I've had the pleasure of serving meals there several times a week since the restaurant closed, and I can't say enough about the amazing work they are doing. 

This event would not be possible without the help of dozens of community members and organizations. I would like to thank Standard Party Rentals for donating much needed China, flatware, and linen, completely elevating the dining experience, Galaxy Desserts for donating their delicious desserts, COGENT for always being there to help with whatever is needed, from transporting donations to helping with clean up, Channel Lumber for providing us with coat racks and countless hours of volunteer work, Down Etc for providing all new bedding for the 65 transitional beds located at GRIP, they generously donated sheets, pillows, and comforters, and Richmond Wholesale for generously donating all the turkeys.

You are probably wondering how you can help. At the moment the easiest and most impactful way to help is to make a tax-deductible donation to the Menbe's Way Fund. Normally many of the overhead costs of this event were covered by the restaurant, unfortunately, with the restaurant gone, we will accrue more costs. I am confident that with your help we will be able to make this event as successful as the past ones.  

Keep an eye on your inbox, if a particular need arises I will let you know as soon as possible. I can't thank you all for your support, and I look forward to seeing you each one of you soon. 

Sincerely, 

Copyright © 2018 The Menbe's Way Fund, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in to our newsletter. Thanks!

Our mailing address is:
The Menbe's Way Fund
1014 Florida Ave #200
Richmond, CA 94804

< RETURN