Tom Butt

E-Mail Forum – 2017  
  < RETURN  
  November 8 Fundraiser at East Brother Beer Company for Tom Butt for Mayor 2018 Campaign
October 15, 2017

I recently declared my candidacy to run for reelection as mayor of Richmond in the November 2018 election. I will hold a fundraiser on Wednesday, November 8, 2017, 5:30pm - 8:00pm at East Brother Beer Company to kick-off my campaign. If you would like to attend, let me know via email at Tom.Butt@intres.com, and we will send you our evite with a link to RSVP.

Although the election is more than a year away, I need your support now to build my campaign. Minimum suggested donation is $25, but please consider more, up to a legal limit of $2,500. You can make a contribution online or send a check via mail.

The last two years and nine months have been both challenging and rewarding. We have completed a comprehensive Marketing and Branding Study for Richmond, paid for entirely by contributions from Richmond businesses; we launched the Richmond Promise, the highest funded municipal scholarship program of its type in California; we continue to adopt balanced budgets; and we adopted a new Zoning Ordinance, a Climate Action Plan and the Richmond Bay Specific Plan.

Richmond’s unemployment rate is the lowest since WWII, but Richmond remains affordable with apartment rental rates that have continued to decline since this time last year. Hilltop Mall, now rebranded as “The Shops at Hilltop” has finally been sold and will be getting a major facelift from its new owners. Next month will see a groundbreaking for the terminal for the Richmond Ferry that begins service in 2018. And crime continues a downward trend.

In the most recent Community Survey (http://www.ci.richmond.ca.us/3500/2017-Community-Survey), six out of seven quality of life metrics show increases from 2015 to 2017. In the last decade, perceptions of Richmond residents of overall quality of life, overall image, Richmond as a place to live, Richmond neighborhoods, Richmond as a place to raise children, Richmond as a place to retire and overall appearance , have all mostly or tripled.

Richmond just keeps getting better, but we have to continue addressing the challenges of crime and blight, housing shortages and jobs.

I am honored to announce the following event co-sponsors and endorsements. Please let me know if I have your support as well.

• Irma Anderson, Former Mayor, City of Richmond
  • Rosemary Corbin, Former Mayor, City of Richmond
  • Mark DeSaulnier, Congressman, US House of Representatives, District 11
  • John Gioia, Contra Costa County Supervisor, District 1
  • H.E. Christian Peeples, Director, AC Transit
  • Tony Thurmond, California State Assembly Member, District 15
  • Contra Costa Building & Construction Trades Council

Tom Butt
Candidate for Mayor 2018
117 Park Place
Richmond, CA  94801
ID# 1235726