Tom Butt

E-Mail Forum – 2017  
  < RETURN  
  One Week Away -- Annual Fundraiser for Mayor's Community Fund October 21 at East Brother Lighthouse
October 14, 2017

One week away, and we still need a few more donors to fill the boat. Please forward this to someone you know who can afford at least $1,000 to support dozens of Richmond’s youth sports teams for the coming year.

Related image

The Mayor’s Community Fund I established has been serving our dedicated youth and community organizations in Richmond that would otherwise have few options for funding. For the past couple of years, local businesses and individuals have raised tens of thousands of dollars at the Mayor Tom Butt Community Fund Golf Tournament, enabling Richmond youth to excel in sports teams and leagues.

Because not everyone plays golf, but many are committed to supporting our goals, we are instead offering a one-of-a-kind gift to our 2017 donors. On Saturday, October 21, 2017, I will be hosting an Exclusive Tour and Picnic at East Brother Lighthouse where I will provide personal history tours to every participant of this unique historical property that I have worked on for nearly 35 years.

East Brother Lighthouse is the oldest building in Richmond and is listed in the National Register of Historic Places as well as being a California Historic Landmark.

My goal this year is to raise $50,000 and show our youth teams, parents and coaches that their growth and commitment has earned them the support they need to push forward. This rare opportunity to visit a national gem can be made possible through a contribution to the Mayor’s Community Fund. To top it off, you’ll have a chance to win some exciting door prizes including an overnight stay at the Lighthouse.

Gift Levels: for an exclusive tour of East Brother Island (picnic lunch, beer/wine and ferry service included):

• $5,000 donation – Eight tickets 
  • $2,500 donation – Three tickets 
  • $1,000 donation – One ticket 

Your tax deductible donation will be handled by the Richmond Community Foundation which supports many key community initiatives and funds, such as the Mayor’s Community Fund. To make your donation and see gift information visit our website or contact Stacey Street at sstreet@richmondcf.org or 510-234-1200. 

Thank you for supporting youth sports in Richmond. I’ll see you on the island! 

Image result for east brother lighthouse

Yes, this event is for serious philanthropists. If you just want to visit East Brother Lighthouse, there are three ways:

Two-Sisters-room

< RETURN