Tom Butt

E-Mail Forum – 2016  
  < RETURN  
  Last Call for Youth Sports Team Grants
February 25, 2016

Today is the deadline for youth sports teams and leagues to apply for grant awards ranging from $250 to $5,000. The funding for this grant are being provided by my community fund, which I created last year. I am offering this grant opportunity because sports teach our youth important lessons in teamwork, accountability, sportsmanship and discipline. Also, physical activity is essential to maintaining a healthy lifestyle. The habits our kids develop today will stick with them when they become adults.

Grants will be awarded exclusively to youth sports teams (football, baseball, softball, basketball, soccer, swimming, martial arts, dance, etc.) and leagues in Richmond, Calif. or qualifying teams with set plans to establish a team in the city. The funding can be used for general operations or for other purposes, such as purchasing uniforms, training for coaches and team travel. Applicants must be a 501c3 nonprofit organization or partner with one that serves as the fiscal sponsor.

To apply or for find additional info, contact Stacey Street or Monica Lazo at the Richmond Community Foundation at 510-234-1200 or at sstreet@richmondcf.org or mlazo@richmondcf.org. Applications are due in the mayor’s office by 5:00 p.m. today. No electronic submissions will be accepted.

< RETURN