Tom Butt

E-Mail Forum – 2015  
  < RETURN  
  Richmond Ferry One Step Closer
February 18, 2015

I represent Richmond on the West Contra Costa Transportation Advisory Committee (WCCTAC), and I represent WCCTAC on the board of the Contra Costa Transportation Authority (CCTA). Tonight, I made the motion that was unanimously approved for CCTA to enter into an agreement with the Water Emergency Transportation Authority to implement ferry service in Richmond.

The agenda item stated: “Authorize the Execution of Cooperative Agreement 22W.01 with the Water Emergency Transportation Authority (WETA) to Initiate Ferry Service between Richmond and San Francisco. Summary of Issues As recommended by WCCTAC, staff seeks authorization for the Chair to execute a cooperative agreement with WETA for ferry service. WETA would operate ferry service under specified service parameters between Richmond and San Francisco. The service would be subsidized by Measure J funds from the West County sub-regional program ‘Ferry Service in West County’ - Program 22b.”

This will begin the process of ordering boats, completing the design and construction of the terminal, and ultimately, running the boats.

< RETURN