]
Tom Butt Header E-Forum

E-Mail Forum – 2014  
  < RETURN  
  Message from Tony Thurmond, Candidate for the 15th Assembly District
May 29, 2014

Tony Thurmond for Assembly

http://d31hzlhk6di2h5.cloudfront.net/20140527/34/41/88/64/09318421554baeb052c58941_200x226.png

Congressman George Miller

Attorney General Kamala Harris has endorsed Tony Thurmond for Assembly.

Attorney General Kamala Harris

http://d31hzlhk6di2h5.cloudfront.net/20140527/3f/2c/97/36/5625f78bee3ed1ff75e8626d_200x226.png

Richmond City Councilman
Tom Butt

Dear Neighbor,
I am respectfully asking for your vote and support in the race for the State Assembly in the 15th District. It has been my pleasure to represent you for nearly 8 years as a Richmond City Councilman and as a West Contra Costa Unified School District Board Member.
The 15th Assembly District includes all of Richmond, El Cerrito, Hercules, San Pablo, Pinole, Kensington, El Sobrante, Berkeley, Albany, Emeryville, North Oakland and Piedmont. While West Contra Costa makes up more than 40% of those who can vote in this election, a candidate who lives in West Contra Costa has not held this seat for 38 years.
On June 3, you have the opportunity to make sure West Contra Costa voices are heard by sending me to Sacramento to be a strong advocate for meeting the needs of all the people in our district and our state.
And as a Richmond City Councilman, I worked with my colleagues to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, reduce crime and violence, create hundreds of jobs, and protect wetlands, wildlife, bay trail and open spaces in Richmond. As a school board member, I led an effort to reduce suspensions by 27% in one year, and I worked with my colleagues to launch a middle school math initiative, fund health and social services in our schools, rebuild dozens of schools in our district, and to restore our district to local control after more than 20 years of being under control of a state trustee.
I am the only Democratic candidate in the race who lives in West Contra Costa County - and the only one who has elected experience and a track record of getting things done for our community.
As a legislator, I will focus on increasing access to high-quality education and attend college, creating good paying jobs, protecting seniors and stamping out the crime and violence that often hurt folks in our community. 
Please join the leading Democrats in California in supporting my campaign to get it right for children, families and seniors.
I’ve earned the support of Congressman George Miller, Attorney General Kamala Harris, Contra Costa Supervisor John Gioia, EBMUD Board President Lesa McIntosh, Contra Costa College Board President John Marquez, Black Women Organized for Political Action PAC, Black American Political Action Committee of Contra Costa County, California Nurses Association, California Teachers Association, California Firefighters and many others.
Please join them by voting Tony Thurmond for Assembly, District 15 by mail or on June 3. When we get it right for our kids, families and seniors, we’ll get it right for all of California.
With deep appreciation and respect,
Sincerely,

http://d31hzlhk6di2h5.cloudfront.net/20140527/f3/10/3f/5b/a8cd67bf20bcb4e3a1bf2d8c_125x41.jpg

Tony Thurmond
P.S. You can learn more and join our campaign at www.TonyThurmond.com. Thank you!

< RETURN