]
Tom Butt Header E-Forum

E-Mail Forum – 2013  
  < RETURN  
  Go Native! Free Lawn Transformation "Mow no Mo!" or "How to Remove your Lawn, Select Native Plants, and Design a Water-conserving, Pesticide-free Garden that Attracts Wildlife
July 4, 2013

From: Kathy Kramer [mailto:kathy@kathykramerconsulting.net]
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2013 11:49 AM
To: Kathy Kramer
Subject: seeking lawns to sheet-mulch

Dear All,

I would appreciate your forwarding this to friends, colleagues, or family members who may be interested. 

This fall I wil be running "Mow no Mo'! - or How to Sheet Mulch Your Lawn Away" workshops in Oakland/Piedmont/Berkeley; Livermore; and Antioch, and I am looking for folks who would like to have their lawns sheet mulched away. 

The homeowner would provide the materials (cardboard, wood chips, soil amendment) and I would provide labor; between 20 and 30 people, who would be at the garden for about 3 to 4 hours.  (About two hours of that they would be working; the rest would be talking time.)  The lawn should be on the largish side - like at least 1,500 square feet, so there is room for folks to move.  It would be preferable if the homeowner planned to put in 60% or more natives, and was interested in offering the garden for an upcoming Bringing Back the Natives Garden Tour.  It would be heavenly if the planting plan had been designed by the time of the event, so that workshop participants could find out what was going to be installed, and the homeowner knew what she/he was going to do after the lawn was gone. 

Below is the description of the workshop we ran last year.  You can see photos from the last couple of workshops on the Tours Facebook page, at

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bringing-Back-The-Natives-Garden-Tour/274551462627781

See the postings made on May 19 and April 29.  

Please e-mail or call me at (510) 236-9558 if I can provide you with additional information. 

Warmly,

Kathy Kramer
Bringing Back the Natives Garden Tour Coordinator
(510) 236-9558
kathy@kathykramerconsulting.net
www.bringingbackthenatives.net

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/1012024_493582140724711_781434310_n.jpg
What past participants said:
“This was a fabulous workshop and it was so useful to actually take part in the mulching process. There is nothing better than the hands-on experience. Thank you so much, a really enjoyable day.”
“This was great. I have read many articles on sheet mulching, but until you experience the entire process up front and personal, you just don’t get it. Thank you.”
“The process of learning how to sheet mulch was great. We were a bit intimidated by the process but now are confident that we can complete our project and do it well.”
“I enjoyed the low key, casual, up-beat, can do atmosphere. It was wonderful to be among others who are interested in learning and exploring new possibilities. Thank you!”

< RETURN