]
Tom Butt Header E-Forum

E-Mail Forum – 2012  
  < RETURN  
  No One Goes Hungry in Richmond on Thanksgiving
November 18, 2012

I know of two free community Thanksgiving dinners in Richmond. If you know of others, let me know, and I will publicize them.

• First United Methodist Church, corner West Richmond and Martina, serves a free community Thanksgiving dinner, the 17th annual. All are welcome, whether you need a free dinner or not. It’s a chance to socialize and meet your neighbors.  Thursday, November 22, there will be be a Community Celebration of Thanks with both a Thanksgiving Service at 11:30 AM followed by a FREE Thanksgiving Feast 12 to 2 PM. If you want to volunteer or donate something, contact Fran Smith: 510 685 2338, or email junosmith@aol.com.

12Thanksgiving.jpg

• Every year Salute hosts a Thanksgiving dinner for needy families and those less fortunate living in Contra Costa County. Last year Salute fed 300 homeless men, women and children. This year theyare expecting to serve 600 homeless from 10:am – 2:pm on Thanksgiving Day. Many have asked how to support this event. A fund has been established at the Mechanics Bank named, “Salute Thanksgiving Fund”. The dinner will be exclusively provided by Salute. All of the contributions will be used to support the event and items that will go into the goody bag given to each guest.

Donations should be made payable to: Salute Thanksgiving Fund and sent to: Salute E Vita Ristorante, 1900 Esplanade Drive, Richmond, CA. 94804, or Walk into any Mechanics Bank and make a deposit to the Salute Thanksgiving Fund. To volunteer, contact Menbe at 510. 215. 0803.

< RETURN