[forum/header.htm]
  E-Mail Forum
  RETURN
  Re-Elect Tom Butt 2012 - First Campaign Mailer
September 30 , 2012

Our first campaign mailer goes out via snail mail next week, but for a preview see Re-Elect Tom Butt first campaign mailer. It includes an open letter to Refinery Manager Nigel Hearne that defines my commitment to Chevron and what I expect from Chevron.

Re ElectWe SupportCity of Richmondgrandfather

Also, take look at my endorsements, which clearly cross over among environmental, business and labor organizations. I believe I am also the only candidate that has endorsements from all of our local legislators at the federal, state and county level.

Other candidates have positioned themselves as either business or environmental candidates, but I have proven that sustainability and business go hand in hand and are not mutually exclusive, particularly in the California economy. All you have to do is look at the portfolio of solar projects and energy efficient buildings, including LEED Platinum projects, that my Richmond architecture-engineering firm has designed all over the United States. That work keeps a lot of Richmond residents working at Interactive Resources.

Please feel free to circulate this to your Richmond friends.

Our campaign is still very much in a fundraising mode and we have made a lot of progress, but we still need your help. We are not getting donations, directly or indirectly, from Chevron and other special interests that are funding some of my opponents’ campaigns, so we are depending on individuals. To donate, see http://www.tombutt.com/contribute.htm. You can donate by check or on-line.

RETURN