[forum/header.htm]
  E-Mail Forum
  RETURN
  Flaccid Ticket Sales Doom Exotic Erotic Ball
October 22, 2010

Flaccid ticket sales doom Exotic Erotic Ball

Henry K. Lee, Chronicle Staff Writer
Friday, October 22, 2010
(10-22) 17:52 PDT RICHMOND -- The Exotic Erotic Ball, scheduled to take place in Richmond after a decades-long run on the other side of the bay, has been canceled this year because of poor ticket sales and cost overruns, organizers said Friday.
The event had been scheduled for Friday and tonight at the Craneway Pavilion on the Richmond waterfront. A VIP event aboard the San Francisco Belle sternwheeler has also been canceled, said Christopher Buttner, a spokesman for the event.
The ball, a self-proclaimed "celebration of flesh, fetish and freedom," was first held in San Francisco 31 years ago and has long been associated with the city, even after its move to the Cow Palace in Daly City about 10 years ago. Organizers announced in August that the event would be heading across the bay to Richmond.
Producers had said the move would give them more control over concessions, ticketing and other matters.
Ticket holders can receive refunds by "following the appropriate bank-card procedure," Buttner said.
Richmond City Councilman Tom Butt said, "Color me disappointed. I already had my costume picked out, designed my body paint and the colors. Now what I am I going to do tonight? I think I'll have to go to a neighborhood fundraising banquet."
E-mail Henry K. Lee at hlee@sfchronicle.com.
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2010/10/22/BA0I1G0QDT.DTL

RETURN