Thanks to an E-FORUM reader, Rodney Alamo Brown, 2010 candidate for Richmond mayor has been further identified. Rodney Alamo Brown hosts one hour 1/10/2010 -- some frank discussion with callers about race relations with law enforcement. Sound quality is off/poor at beginning, improves somewhat.
Kennedy H.S. Radio (?)
Call in number 478-2781?
Weekly Sunday, 6 p.m. (?)
- “A lot of people are afraid to come forward to speak with law enforcement . . .”
- “I snitched all the people who jumped me.”
- “If the police knocked on my door . . . it all depends on who it is . . . I can’t cooperate . . .”
- “My mother told me to stop telling on people . . . I don’t know what to do . . . Do you tell the police officer?”
- “Vigilante gestures . . . “
- “No snitching ethos in Police Department . . . somewhat agitating the no snitching environment . . .”
- “There needs to be some kind of legislation to protect witnesses . . .”
- “I primarily believe that there’s going to have to take a Citizen’s Action Group in terms of regulating getting together . . . in order for people to live, not just exist . . . I think a lot of people are truly existing in Richmond California, with lost admiration and lost dreams and lost all regard for law and safety . . .”
“We’ll be doing this every week roughly from 6 to 7 p.m.”
- “Unwritten, unethical code called snitching . . . a code of silence in fear of retaliation . . .”
“Doing the right thing . . .
- Caller – “I’m not calling the West County Times or the Richmond Police Department . . . only if it is my immediate family . . . If I find the individual first, then hey, he came across my path, hopefully I don’t get the electrical chair for that . . . whatever . . . ”
- “What would suffice to you as a time frame to find this person or these people . . . do you give them two months three months . . . before you take up vigilante gestures . . .”
- “Will blood be on your hands with vigilante actions . . . If I decide to slay him, then I know I’m going to hell . . . If I’m looking for you, then you did something terrible to my family that I’m looking for you . . . not cussing my mama out . . . that’s nothing . . .”
- “The kids are saying ‘If God were in my corner, I wouldn’t be living like this . . .’”
- “When my mom was in the Black Panther Party . . . We have no Black Panther Party for self defense . . .”
- “695 murders in 15 years . . .”
- “Rappers are talking about not snitching . . .”
- “Sometimes we do more damage than anything uh, when we go outside the box when we say well man I’m just going to get my AK and I’m going to go roll on these jokers man for what they did to my mama or whoever . . . and then now the reality sense of it is well dang cus, you have a $55,000 a year job, you know you gonna lose all that, you got a condo, you got a mortgage, you got to send your kids through school. So was it really truly worth it because of your emotion, I think it’s kind of psychological emotional thing that kind of manipulates the way we think about a lot of elements in Richmond California . . . So we have to kind of suppress our emotions to understand our rationalization and our reasoning . . . I think we haven’t gotten to that point yet. So once we’re able to get to that point . . . And I’m not saying we suckers because we not going to go roll on these cats And you got to factor the ego into the equation because it’s like, “Dang, I’m making you a sucker man, I shot your mama. What are you gonna do? Man, you acting all brand new like man you ain’t ready to go do this?” Then in your mind your thinking like man I’m sitting on 55 racks this year cus, I’m gonna lose it all. You really got to ask yourself are you cats going pay my mortgage while I’m sitting in jail, you all gonna to take care of my kids? I don’t think they are. . . . I got to bounce a body . . . this not a good look. They gonna pack up their things and move elsewhere . . . and leave it to where it is. The average cat is thinking . . . well man if I shot dud’s mama, . . . I know he’s gonna come see me . . . so I gotta go get cus before he comes to get me. You probably ain’t even probably thinking like that, you just trying to make it through the day . . . They so spooked off extacy and exo tabs or everything else . . . they thinking we gotta go finish the job . . . they gotta go get . . . because he’s a heavy hitter . . . We like to call it pump pressure . . . A lot of these cats are pumped to think . . . Brings so much depression and harm on our families . . . We are all family . . . especially in Richmond . . . we’re all related . . .”
- “Next week’s topic is “drugs” . . . extending to two hours”