|New NPS Newsletter & Upcoming Events
November 25, 2009
Join Rosie the Riveter WWII Home Front National Historical Park community partners for these exciting upcoming events and activities!
Available now! Winter/Spring 2009-10 NPS partnership newsletter. Visit http://www.nps.gov/rori/parknews/index.htm and click on "Winter/Spring 09-10 Park Newsletter". You can also view or download past issues. If you want to receive a hard copy, send your address to Carla_Koop@nps.gov.
· -MIDDLE SCHOOL GIRLS GET A JUMP START ON THE FUTURE
· -KAISER DOCTOR RECEIVES HOME FRONT AWARD
· -A VICTORY FOR THE NORTH RICHMOND COMMUNITY
· -YOUTH HELD SPELLBOUND BY SHIPYARD PLAY
· -SO CAL ROSIE THE RIVETER PARK BREAKS GROUND
· -HOME FRONT FESTIVAL COLLAGE
· -PORT CHICAGO BECOMES NATIONAL PARK NO. 392
· -VOLUNTEER SPOTLIGHT
· Saturday, December 5, 9:30 am – noon. FREE bus tour of the Rosie the Riveter/WWII Home Front NHP. Call 510-232-5050 to reserve your place. Space is limited.
· Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 5:30pm - 7:00pm. 5% Local Coalition meeting, Ford Elementary School, 2711 Maricopa Ave, Richmond, CA 94804. Share news of projects and join forces to get new and exciting projects off of the ground, including: Starting a Seed Saving Library in West County, Participating in garden raising parties at community organizations, churches or residences across West County and making the purple tree collard the official green of the City of Richmond. Snacks provided. Spanish translation & childcare help needed. Contact Doria Robinson at 510-778-5886 firstname.lastname@example.org
· Saturday, December 12th, 2:00 pm. Mark your calendars for the opening of the Where We're Fromexhibit at Hilltop Mall, featuring poems and photos of West County teens. More details to come. Contact: Summer Brenner, email@example.com.
· Thursday, December 17th, 4:30 - 6pm. Save the date for the launch of Groundwork Richmond! The location is to be determined. Contact Nancy Baer, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rosie the Riveter/WWII Home Front NHP
Richmond CA 94804
Rosie the Riveter/ World War II Home Front NHP
PO Box 336
Richmond CA 94808-0336