-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
E-Mail Forum
RETURN
Telling the Candidates Apart

I was at the North and East Picnic yesterday, and a woman described to me how she had been visiting her neighbors, handing out literature for Jovanka Beckles and Jeff Ritterman and urging support for them in the upcoming Richmond City Council election. Although she understood that they were the best candidates, she found herself challenged in explaining both in detail and succinctly just how they compared to the incumbents, Bates, Marquez and Sandhu.

I reminded her to take a look at the E-FORUM Butt, Beckles and Ritterman for City Council, August 25, 2008. She had seen that, but she needed something more concise. Something with bulleted talking points. So I put together a comparison. Click here for the pdf version, and click here for the msword version.

There really are clear and fundamental differences among the candidates that deal with issues, style, philosophies and the future of Richmond. Please feel free to use and distribute these any way that will be helpful. Comments, including suggestions for changes and additions are also welcome.