-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
E-Mail Forum
RETURN
Bus Tours of Richmond's National Park

Rosie the Riveter World War II Home Front

Historical National Park Bus Tours

Join us on our Summer Home Front Tours!

To date, over 170 enthusiastic community “tourists” have joined us as a way to re-acquaint themselves with the city and with the legacy that brought us the Congressional designation as one of the nation’s newest national parks. 

Since the park is being co-created by the community and the National Park Service, it is vitally important that we all participate in the rediscovery of the unidentified World War II era structures; share the stories of the human experiences that gave rise to today’s city; and re-visit a time when “… life was moving so fast that it was impossible to learn the lessons that should have been preserved for our children”.*

Summer tour dates are as follows with all tours running from 9:30-12:30. We will gather at the park’s temporary Reception Center at Richmond’s City Hall at 1401 Marina Way South -- and after a brief introduction we’ll board the bus for our guided tour.

Friday, July 6th

Friday, July 20th

Saturday, July 28

Friday, August 3rd

Saturday, August 11th

Friday, August 17th

Call right away to reserve your seat.  Space is limited to 18 per tour.  These tours have been extremely popular. The bus is wheelchair accessible and we welcome anyone with special needs.

Call 510.232.1547 and – if I’m away from my desk – leave a message with your name, contact numbers, the number of seats you would like to reserve, and your preferred dates. I’ll confirm shortly thereafter.

Betty Soskin

Betty Reid Soskin, Community Outreach Assistant

Rosie the Riveter World War II/Homefront Historical National Park

1401 Marina Way South, Richmond, California 94804

510.232.1547 (office)

*from “Of  lost conversations and untold stories.”a short DVD produced by the National Park Service funded by a grant from PG&E  and available on YouTube.com