-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
E-Mail Forum
RETURN
Long Awaited Chevron Energy & Hydrogen Renewal Project EIR is OUt

Chevron Products Company, which owns and operates the Chevron Refinery located at 841 Chevron Way in Richmond, California, proposes to replace the existing Hydrogen Plant, Power Plant, and Reformer, and install new equipment in order to increase the Refinery’s ability to produce gasoline that meets California specifications, and use a wider range of crude oil sources than are currently processed. The new equipment would improve Refinery reliability, energy efficiency, and add environmental controls. The Draft EIR also includes and analyzes a number of other smaller projects.

Although the comment period began on May 11, here it is 12 days later, and no one has sent me a copy of the EIR or notified me, as a City Council member, that it is available. I have read nothing of it in the media.

The EIR presumably will cover a court-ordered evaluation of the environmental impact of the already constructed LPG Project. See Richmond Loses EIR Suit on Chevron's LPG Project
October 30, 2004.

A copy of the Draft EIR can be purchased at the City of Richmond Planning and Building Regulations Department, located at 1401 Marina Way South, Richmond, CA 94804. Copies are available for review at the following locations: Richmond Public Library, Main Branch 325 Civic Center Ave, Richmond, Ca 94804 and the Richmond Planning Department, 1401 Marina Way South, Richmond, CA 94804

The comment period begins on May 11th and ends 45-days later at 5:00 p.m., Monday, June 25, 2007. Comments on the completeness and accuracy of the DEIR can be sent at any time to Lamont Thompson, Senior Planner, City of Richmond Planning and Building Regulations Department, 1401 Marina Way South, Richmond, CA 94804.

The Planning Commission will hold a Public Hearing to receive oral and/or written comments, and to discuss the DEIR at its regular meeting of June 7, 2007, at 7:00 p.m. in the City Council Chambers, 1401 Marina Way South, Richmond, CA. [Go to Project Information...]

RETURN