-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
E-Mail Forum
RETURN
Recruiting a General Plan Advisory Committee Member
Unfortunately, the recent Chevron fire so spooked one of my General Plan Advisory Committee appointees that he fled Richmond forever. He lived within feet of the Chevron fence line and decided life was too short to embrace death and danger on a daily basis, there being many other places in the Bay Area where one could be equally well housed without anticipating the next “shelter in place” alert.

Subsequently, I look forward to appointing a replacement, and I am soliciting applicants. The General Plan process is abundantly described at http://www.cityofrichmondgeneralplan.org/. The General Plan Advisory Committee (GPAC) will continue to meet periodically through the end of this year, and members are expected to attend meetings, do their homework and provide input. You must be either a Richmond resident or be employed in Richmond. This is a volunteer position.

This is your chance to help determine the future of Richmond by fixing all those problems you like to complain about and realizing all those dreams you have of the abundant opportunities Richmond has. If you are interested, simply reply by email and tell me about your background and why you want to do this. It would also be helpful to give me your phone number.

RETURN