-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
E-Mail Forum
RETURN
Container Port Plan B
From the Lava Java Cafe, Kailua-Kona, Hawaii...

Although details are very sketchy, I have confirmed that advocates for a Richmond container port remain undaunted following the collapse of the plan to turn Wildcat Marsh into a gigantic port. The new plan, in some ways, is even bolder. As I understand it, the plan is to fill and pave over the Santa Fe Channel to provide the substantial acreage needed to store and move containers. All of the existing water-related businesses along the Channel, including yacht harbors and boat yards, would be relocated, and those businesses depending on marine transport would in the future transport materials by pipeline or conveyor belt to a new pier to be located near the mouth of what is now the Santa fe Channel with a dredged depth increased over what now exists.

Reports are that at least three Richmond City Council members have met with proponents to discuss the proposed project. At this time, I do not know specifically who is behind this, but someone is serious about it. So far, those who have details are being very close-mouthed about it.

I did not make this up.
RETURN