-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
  E-Mail Forum
  RETURN
  Restore Richmond's Rheem Creek
January 26, 2005

The Lower Rheem Creek Restoration and Community Outreach Project, which is funded by CALFED (http://calwater.ca.gov/Programs/Watershed/Watershed.shtml), invites the public to the Kick-Off Community Meeting at Parchester Village Community Center, 900 Williams Drive, Richmond, CA, at 12:30 PM, January 29. The meeting will be preceded by a watershed tour beginning at the same location at 10:00 AM.

The project partner group includes the Community Health Initiative, the Neighborhood House of North Richmond, the Parchester Village Neighborhood Council, the Natural Heritage Institute, the Urban Creeks Council of California and the West County Toxics Coalition.

Any questions or to RSVP, email Rich Walkling of the Natural Heritage Institute (http://www.n-h-i.org) at rpw@n-h-i.org, or phone 510/644-2900. See below:

Dear Friends of the North Richmond Shoreline,

This Saturday, January 29th the non-profit Natural Heritage Alliance and allied groups are sponsoring a Rheem Creek Tour

and Community Meeting.  You are cordially invited to attend, tour the watershed, have lunch, and share your ideas about Rheem

creek restoration.  The event is free and open to the entire community. Details are below.  Please feel free to forward this message. 

If you are planning to attend this Saturday’s event, please RSVP (to make sure there is enough food and places on the bus) by emailing Carolina, carolina@n-h-i.org.  

Hope to see you Saturday!

North Richmond Shoreline Alliance

The Lower Rheem Creek Restoration and Community Outreach Project Invites You….

Join your fellow community members in an EXCITING tour of Rheem Creek, from

Rollingwood neighborhood, down to Breuner Marsh just in front of Parchester Village.

After the tour, we will have lunch and a community meeting!

What: Kick-Off Tour and Meeting for the Lower Rheem Creek Restoration &

Community Outreach Project

When: January 29th, 10am-2:30 pm. *Rain or shine*Tour vans will leave

promptly at 10am from the Parchester Community Center parking lot.

Where: Meet at the Parchester Village Community Center

900 Williams Dr., Parchester Village, Richmond, CA

Why: To learn about Rheem Creek's exciting history and present, to tour the

watershed, to share with other community members, to begin to create a

vision for the future of the watershed, and to celebrate the kick-off!

RSVP: All are welcome to attend, but please call to reserve your space! 

Whitney Dotson, Parchester Village, 367-5379 or

Rich Walkling 644-2900, ext 109, or email carolina@n-h-i.org

Brought to you by the Lower Rheem Creek Restoration and Community Outreach Project.

Community Health Initiative, Natural Heritage Institute, Neighborhood House of North Richmond,

Parchester Village Neighborhood Council, Urban Creeks Council, and the West County Toxics Coalition

RETURN