-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
  E-Mail Forum
  RETURN
  Butt Elected to Board of LGC
November 22, 2004

I am pleased to announce that I have been elected to the Board of Directors of the Local Government Commission (LGC), an organization that has been on the forefront of Smart Growth and Livable Communities for over 20 years. Former Mayor Rosemary Corbin previously served on the board of the LGC, and I have her to thank for urging me to get involved when I was first elected to the City Council. The City of Richmond is a member of the LGC, as are all the Richmond City Council members.  

I will be joining 14 other California Local elected California officials on the current LGC board, as follows:

Councilmember Jake Mackenzie
City of Rohnert Park (Chairperson)

Supervisor Kathy Long
County of Ventura (Vice-Chairperson)

Councilmember Connie Stewart
City of Arcata (Treasurer)

Supervisor Roger Dickinson
County of Sacramento

Mayor Rose M. Espinoza

City of La Habra

Councilmember Jesús J. Gamboa
City of Visalia

Councilmember Jennifer Hosterman
City of Pleasanton

Councilmember Susan Lien Longville
City of San Bernardino

Councilmember Pam O'Connor
City of Santa Monica

Mayor Pro Tem Ramona Finnila
City of Carlsbad

Supervisor Mary Jane Griego
County of Yuba

Supervisor Edith Johnsen
County of Monterey

Mayor Cristina Madrid
City of Azus

Supervisor Harriet White
County of Placer a

The Local Government Commission (LGC) is a nonprofit, nonpartisan, membership organization that provides inspiration, technical assistance, and networking to local elected officials and other dedicated community leaders who are working to create healthy, walkable, and resource-efficient communities.

The LGC's membership is composed of local elected officials, city and county staff, planners, architects, and community leaders who are committed to making their communities more livable, prosperous, and resource-efficient.

The Mission of the Local Government Commission assists local governments in establishing and nurturing the key elements of livable communities:

·         a healthier human and natural environment,

·         a more sustainable economy,

·         an actively engaged populace, and

·         an equitable society.

LGC assists local governments in developing and implementing policies and programs that help establish these key elements by:

·         Facilitating conferences, regional workshops and other partnering opportunities;

·         Producing guidebooks, videos, slide shows, and several monthly newsletters that share policy and project ideas;

·         Providing an extensive resource library run by qualified staff;

·         Providing an e-mail alert service that shares information on available state and federal grants.

For more information, visit the LGC website at www.lgc.org.

RETURN