Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
  E-Mail Forum
  Frequently Asked Question No. 1 - Code Enforcement
October 21, 2004

Today, a citizen asked me:


“Mr. Butt, where can I find the city ordinances online or otherwise? I am most concerned with loitering, loud house and car music, cars parked on lawns and overloading of trash bins at apartments.  I would like to know who to call or write to when these things occur.

Thank you”




The Richmond Municipal Code and Charter can be found at http://bpc.iserver.net/codes/richmond/index.htm. The Nuisance Ordinance is Chapter 9.22. The Community Noise Ordinance is Chapter 9.52. There are additional ordinances that deal with weed abatement, zoning, vehicles, etc. that can be found in other chapters.


The best way to report a problem is to contact the Richmond Police Officer in charge of code enforcement, Dick Tak via email at dick_tak@ci.richmond.ca.us. Describe the condition in as much detail as possible. You might even take a digital photo and attach it.


Tak is on vacation until October 25. Until then, you can contact:


Code Enforcement: Teresa Tingle, Teresa_Tingle@ci.Richmond.ca.us, phone 510/ 621-1280


Trash Cleanup on public property: Frank Muratore, Frank_Muratore@ci.richmond.ca.us, Phone 510/621-1278


If it is a life/safety emergency, call 9-1-1. If it requires immediate police attention but is not life threatening, call 510/233-1214.