-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
  E-Mail Forum
  RETURN
  Comcast
July 19, 2004

The City of Richmond has a franchise agreement with Comcast (the cable company) that generally requires the company to provide high quality service.

Among other things, Comcast offers high-speed Internet service. Until last month, I was using SBC DSL, but the marketers told me to switch to Comcast. Faster, more reliable, they said. So I did. Boy, am I sorry.

Well, my Comcast Internet service went off on Friday and hasn’t returned yet. I can no longer write E-Forums from home. I have to go to my office. A very nice young man came to my home this evening and told me it may be the end of July before it returns.

Another small matter, the volume control on my cable doesn’t work.

If you have an Internet service other than Comcast, I suggest you keep it. And don’t depend on the City of Richmond to enforce the service requirements of the franchise agreement.

RETURN