-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
  E-Mail Forum
  RETURN
  Fences - The Good, Bad and Ugly
November 21, 2003

It appears the City Council will be revisiting the fence height issue on December 16, 2003. It is certain that a provision for “grandfathering” most existing fences that exceed the current 3 ½ foot height limit will be included. To be debated will be the maximum fence height, variance procedures and fence design standards. Although the October 25 meeting included a vote on amnesty and fence heights, it did not include an actual ordinance text change, so it was a policy decisions and not a first reading of an ordinance amendment.

In order to help prepare for the December 16 meeting, I am asking Richmond residents to nominate and email me digital photos of the ugliest and prettiest fences in Richmond. If you do not have a digital camera, you can mail me photos (117 Park Place, Richmond, CA 94801) or drop them off for me at the City Manager’s office in City Hall.

The winners in each category will receive, as a prize, a picnic for two at East Brother Island.

Start your cameras!

RETURN