-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
E-Mail Forum
RETURN
Free Tow Service
November 7, 2002

If you drive in the Bay Area, you should read this incredible service, described by a friend:

”My car had a flat tire a week ago on the highway. I was lucky that a CHP officer stopped by within
seconds.  He told me he will call for a "free service" to change my tire or tow my car. I didn't quite understand it at the time (how can anything be free in this world?), but 10 minutes later, a tow truck showed up, changed the tire for me, and the guy would not even accept tip. Turns out this is paid for by the 
Metropolitan Transportation Commission Service Authority for Freeways and Expressways (MTC SAFE), the California Highway Patrol (CHP) and the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans). For
every tax dollar spent on this service, the public supposedly realizes 3.4 times that amount in benefits
(in fuel and time saved).”

Next time, your car breaks down in the Bay Area, just call 707-551-4100. For more details, see: http://www.mtc.ca.gov/projects/fsp/fspfacts.htm.

RETURN