-
Tom Butt for Richmond City Council The Tom Butt E-Forum About Tom Butt Platform Endorsements of Richmond Councilmember Tom Butt Accomplishments Contribute to Tom Butt for Richmond City Council Contact Tom Butt Tom Butt Archives
-
E-Mail Forum
RETURN
John Medlock for Brookside Community Health Center Board
September 7, 2002

I want to recommend that you support my good friend and neighbor, John Medlock, for Doctors Medical Center San Pablo Governing Board. John was appointed to fill an unexpired term two years ago and is now standing for election to the position.

John is committed to continue to insure access to medical care for  the residents of West Contra Costa County. He was born and raised in Richmond and has demonstrated his life-long commitment to the betterment of the West County as: 

• A founding member of the Brookside Community Health Center Board from 1996-2002, of which he served two years as Board President.  
  • Member of the Doctors Medical Center San Pablo Governing Board from 2000-2002. 
  • Member of the West Contra Costa County Ed. Fund since 1996. 
  • Member of Richmond Rotary Club since 1989.

As a member of the Brookside Community Health Center Board,  John played a significant role in expanding Health Care West Contra Costa County through expansion of basic medical care, dental care and pre-natal care.  Under his leadership, Brookside Community Health Center grew from an annual operating budget of $150,000 to $3 million servicing over 12,000 West Contra Costa County residents.

John will continue to work through the Board and the community to enhance and develop access to quality health care in West County

I have known John for about 15 years and can verify that he is knowledgeable, dedicated, community-minded and hard working. He has a Masters Degree in Public Administration from California State University, Hayward, and is currently employed as an administrator by the City of Albany. Over the years, he has worked as a Forest Service firefighter, physical trainer, Boy Scouts of America executive, municipal park and recreation administrator and municipal facilities manager. As hobbies, John bicycles, sails competitively and backpacks.

If you want to get on John’s email list, send him a message at JMedlockjr@msn.com.

RETURN