[forum/header.htm]
E-Mail Forum
RETURN
Last Call For Campaign Volunteers
October 29, 2001
We are entering the crucial last week of the campaign. As you know, I have been the target of multiple hit pieces paid for by Nat Bates, the BMW and Firefighters Local 188. The reason I am the "BUTT" of so much mud-slinging is that I am truly independent and represent the citizens of Richmond rather than developers, out-of-town landlords and industrial polluters. I am a major threat to the special interests, who have exploited Richmond and Richmond residents for too long.

Consistent with my platform of ECONOMY, ENVIRONMENT AND EQUITY, am the only candidate endorsed by both the Richmond small business community and the environmental community.

During the past six years, I have consistently battled special interests and defended neighborhoods and quality of life.

Mayor Rosemary Corbin has endorsed me for mayor, saying, "Tom Butt has proven his capability to lead by consistently getting out in front on major issues that improve Richmond's economy, environment and infrastructure. Tom Butt has the energy, tenacity and motivation to pursue relentlessly the changes needed to enable Richmond to each its full potential."

My voting record on neighborhood and quality of life issues is the best on the City Council. For details, see my website www.tombutt.com.

YOU CAN HELP BY VOLUNTEERING ONE OR TWO HOURS OF YOUR TIME THIS WEEK TO MAKE PHONE CALLS TO YOUR NEIGHBORS OR WALK YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD HELPING TO GET THIS MESSAGE OUT.

If you can help, please call Shawn Masten, Tom Butt for Mayor Campaign Coordinator, at 510/236-7435, or email her at shawn.masten@tombutt.com.

Tom Butt

RETURN